BLUE JACKET (US Maritime Commission)
C2 type cargo ship built in 1943 by the Moore Dry Dock Company, Oakland, as Blue Jacket for the US Maritime Commission and operated by the United Fruit Company. In 1947 she was operated by the Black Diamond SS Corp and in 1948 after being returned to the Maritime Commission was chartered by the US Army. In 1950 she was acquired by the United States Navy Military Transport Service as a refrigerated transport, no. T-AF-51. Laid up on the James River in 1970 and broken up in 1973.
photo-card by World Ship Society,
5.5" x 3.5", 140mm x 90mm (approx)
our ref: SRM847a
|Brand:||World Ship Society|