postcard by K.W.H, no. B28,
used but not posted, minor faults,
6" x 4", 150mm x 100mm (approx)
our ref: SRZ045
CAP ARCONA (Hamburg-Sud)
Passenger liner built by Blohm & Voss, Hamburg, that entered service in 1927, operating Hamburg to Rio De Janeiro, Santos, Montevideo and Buenos Aires. From 1940 she served as an accommodation ship for the German Navy at Gdynia. In January 1945 she began service to evacuate German Eastern Territories. 3/5/1945 while carrying over 6,000 people she was attacked by British bombers. The ship caught fire and capsized with over 5,000 lives lost.
|Brand:||K W H|
|£2.55photo-card, 5.5" x 3.5", 140mm x 90mm