postcard, no publisher stated, no. A 1629,
not posted, corner & other minor knocks,
5.5" x 3.5", 140mm x 90mm (approx)
our ref: SRQ702
CITY OF CLEVELAND (Detroit & Cleveland Navigation Company)
Great lakes passenger steamer built by the Detroit Ship Building Co, Wyandotte, that entered service on the over-night service between Detroit and Cleveland in 1908 as City Of Cleveland. Renamed City Of Cleveland III in 1912. After a collision 26/6/1950 she was not repaired but laid up at Detroit and then at Windsor, Ontario. Sold in 1954 to be cut down to a barge but she caught fire and sank. Finally broken up at Buffalo in 1956.