postcard by J.Arthur Dixon, no. S.S. 121,
not posted, vmf,
5.75" x 3.75", 145mm x 97mm (approx)
our ref: XRZ079
3-masted schooner built by Denny, Dumbarton, in 1929 for Sir Walter Runciman as Sunbeam II. In WW2 she served as an accommodation ship, HMS Sunbeam II. Sold in 1946 to Rydbergs Stiftelse, Stockholm as a sail training ship and renamed Sunbeam. Sold in 1955 to Rederi AB Clipper and renamed Flying Clipper, same role. Sold to the National Mercantile Marine Academy, Piraeus, in 1965 and renamed Eugene Eugenidis still as a sail training ship. Believed still in service having had a major restoration in 2001.
|Brand:||J Arthur Dixon|