posted Penang 1953, pin-hole, some marks and other minor faults,
5.5" x 3.5", 140mm x 90mm (approx)
our ref: XRM142
postcard for "Glenearn" class vessel, Straits of Dover, 1952; picture is Glenartney
GLENARTNEY (Glen Line)
Cargo liner built by Caledon, Dundee, that was completed in 1940 painted in war-time grey. From 1941 she was used as a fast supply ship and in 1942 took part in the Malta convoys. From 1944 she was part of the Pacific Fleet train. Released back to Glen Line in 1946 and entered service to the Far East in 1947, now with accommodation for 16 adult passengers and 2 children. Broken up in Japan in 1967.
|Brand:||Official / Company|