postcard by L.V. & Cie,
not posted, wear to edges, corner & minor knocks,
5.5" x 3.5", 140mm x 90mm (approx)
our ref: XRM143
Armoured cruiser built at the Arsenal de L'Orient that commissioned in to the French Navy in 1904. She became a training ship in 1913 but at the outbreak of WW1 in 8/1914 was assigned to patrol the English Channel to maintain the blockade of Germany. She maintained this role in to 1916 when she transferred to West Africa and then to the West Indies. She returned to France in 1919 and was placed in reserve. Broken up in 1923.
|Brand:||L V & Cie|