postcard by Sanderson & Dixon, no. SDCS127, ("Printed in Spain")
not posted, minor faults, marking on back from album page,
6" x 4", 150mm x 100mm (approx)
our ref: XRE054
Steam yacht built in 1859 by Jones, Quiggin & Co., Liverpool, for Coniston Railway Company service on Coniston Water between Waterhead and Lake Bank. Built with no funnel, this was added after the first season. In 1872 she came under the ownership of the Furness Railway and in 1923, the London Midland & Scottish Railway. Laid up during both World Wars, she was sold in 1944 and converted into a houseboat in 1946. She was acquired by the National Trust in 1978 and was back in service in 1980. Fully restored and rebuilt she still operates excursions on Coniston Water.
|Brand:||Sanderson & Dixon|